Permobil Adapt Mattress
The Adapt interchangeable foam replacement surface with patented Shear Reduction Technology (SRT) is an innovative solution designed to address shearing forces present during client movement in bed or when changing the position of the bed frame, at the same time ensuring proper pressure redistribution. The Adapt is our modifiable surface for the client at high risk of experiencing skin breakdown and may require the additional ROHO mattress sections. The side bolsters complete with accordion cuts provide an excellent transfer edge.
The surface is designed to absorb forces that damage the skin, thereby reducing the risk for skin breakdown. A third party clinical trial was completed by Durham College Department of Nursing and Department of Engineering to validate SRT. The trial provided non-biased support for the efficacy and use in populations where shear forces can damage vulnerable skin.
- Removable sections of GelFlex to accommodate the installation of ROHO mattress sections
- 360 degrees of movement offering reduction of shear in all directions, essential when reducing the risk of skin breakdown related to shear forces
- Head and foot sections of foam are fixed in placed to ensure that the component parts of the mattress "re-set" themselves
- Designed to reduce need for re-positioning
- Bolstered sides for ease of transfer
- Multi-zoned to address pressure redistribution requirements at head, torso and feet
- Higher cut middle section to improve immersion without compromising transfers
- 5 way stretch incontinent cover
36" x 80" / 39" x 80" / 42" x 80" / 48" x 80" / 54" x 80" / 60" x 80"
19" ROHO Section Insert (replaces x1 section of foam)
Additional ROHO section inserts and customization is available. Please contact HomEquip for a quote.