Following knee and hip surgery, weakening of the muscles around these joints is a common occurrence. If you want to minimize stiffness of muscles, and increase mobility and muscle tone, get an EZ Mend Knee and Hip Rehabilitation Device. This device may assist after knee and hip surgery, sports injuries and for nursing home patients. The EZ Mend can be used on a bed, on the floor or anywhere that you may be sitting.
Instructions for Knee and Hip Recovery:
1) Sit lengthwise on your bed and position one end of the EZMEND under your thigh, parallel to your leg.
2) Wrap the soft strip around the instep of your foot.
3) Place your heel into the EZMEND cup and lay back into a horizontal position.
4) Grasp one end of the soft strip in each hand and slowly pull your leg along the EZMEND towards your chest. Hold your knee in this position for 5-10 seconds, and then straighten. Rest when fatigued.
5) Repeat this procedure following the directions and supervision of your doctor or physiotherapist. More exercises are included in the Instructional Pamphlet that is included with the EZ Mend Knee and Hip Rehabilitation Device.